Our journey continued as we headed north to the ranch. We made a stop to see Grandma Chick. She has had a really rough year and I felt bad that I didn't even recognize her when I saw her. My kids immediately did and I was so proud of them. For some kids a nursing home can be scary..but my kiddos would just talk to whoever was talking to them.
I was so proud of Katie..she broke the ice by going up and immediately complimenting Grandma on her sweater and then quickly moved to favorite colors and such. Katie is my child who always tells others how nice they look and picks something they have on and lets them know she likes it. So it was a great time to see Chick and thank the Lord for sparing her life after a horrible fall.
At the ranch we got to meet up with the cousins...and boy were my kids excited. Cousins at the ranch means lots of time outside (even though it was freezing), dirt, riding 4 wheelers, horses, bikes, anything that moves. I love to watch them play together. They all get along so well and Carson and Spencer are so good to include Katie and Josie in whatever activity is going on. This was a great visit as I got to catch up with Kacey more than we normally do. I always enjoy spending time with her and Bob. We played a mean game of Yahtzee and it got REALLY loud! :-)
Here are a few fun pics from our time together..
 |
| The Holt Family |
 |
| Spencer, Kyra, Josie, Carson, Katie & David |
 |
| One more Chesser kid that LOVES horses |
 |
| Goofing off..this was a mix of silly and showing off their "guns" |
 |
| My Sweet Girls & Big Enough |
 |
| Okay this was hilarious..they were posing and giving us their GQ look. Katie was cracking me up as she would strike a major pose every time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment